Launch Operator Licenses are Available in Two Categories:
- OUPV (6-Pack) Limited
This license is for UNINSPECTED launches that carry no more than 6 passengers. What is "limited" is the physical distance the launch may travel from the dock, or, limitations on the geographic location within which the launch may operate.
The applicant must be at least 17 years old and be able to show a minimum of 90 days of boating experience.
- Master Inland Limited
This license is for Coast Guard INSPECTED launches that carry 7 passengers or more. The "limited" stipulation refers to the physical distance that launch may go from the dock, or the geographical area within which the launch may be operated.
The applicant must be at least 18 years old and be able to show a minimum of 120 days of boating experience.
Other Launch Operator Requirements Include
- A physical exam taken within 12 months
- A drug test taken within 6 month
- CPR and First Aid credentials that are current within 12 month
- TWIC Card (Transportation Workers Identification Credential)
- A letter from a Yacht Club promising employment and describing route
- Certificate of Completion from Sea School's Approved Course